Why have I lost my blog followers?

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(10) Comments

Today,I had lost a few blog followers,and I was not the only one.Almost all my blog friends have lost quite a few followers.There is no reason to panic,and in fact,you have not lost your blog followers.They are just invisible,and are still following you.This would be mostly experienced by those using both blogger and Friend connect,as google is in the process of integrating them.

According to Known Issues of Blogger Team,

This is because we have set these users to "anonymous" to avoid linking the profiles of Blogger and Friend Connect users without their permission. They are still following privately and will able to make themselves public again.

I have also removed the word verification for comments.Thanks to my friend Nitesh Kothari who quickly informed me about the word verification problem in my blog(For newbies-blog authors don't get word verification while posting comments in their blog).Most likely,I won't enable the word verification again.So,if you are on blogger,disable word verification for time being as its experiencing issues.

Share and Enjoy!
Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Furl Twitthis Reddit Technorati Yahoo Buzz

10 Responses to "Why have I lost my blog followers?"

Sudha said :
February 25, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Hi Karthik,Thank you so much for the info..I was also wondering why suddenly I lost my followers..but I was pretty sure that something is wrong and my followers will never unfollow me..and yesterday I tried to post a comment on your adsense post but could not as the letters were nor loading..and the google account was also not showing..I tried atleast 5-6 times lol :))to post a comment.
February 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Thanks for keeping me calm. It happened to me too. lost half of my followers. Did not know that. Yesterday I tried to comment on your blog and I did have a problem with the word verification captcha.
IndianPie said :
February 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Karthik, I am extremely grateful to you for letting me know that loss of blog followers is not a reality. I found the same happening to my blog also. Thank you..yaar !
February 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM
i suggest all the readers to remove word verification from their blogs... because its annoying and sometimes it does not load...and people don't comment after that..
pchi said :
February 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Oh, what a relief!

I lost one-third of my followers. I thought they were dismayed with too many sponsored reviews.

thanks for that info
February 28, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Luckily I'm on the WordPress platform :D Used to blog in the Blogger platform though
rajesh said :
March 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Google has sorted out the issue and it is fine now.
July 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM
I suddenly lost my followers. not one or one third but all!!!!
helppp
:((((((
August 10, 2009 at 5:17 PM
I think its quite interesting!
November 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM
I lost a few folowers recently.I think twiter was cleaning its database by deleting spammy and inactive users.